Valley Life Community
Job Title: Lead Pastor
Position Hours: Full-Time
LEAD to equip and unify the congregation, leaders and staff to fulfill Valley Life Community Church’s Mission by intentionally reaching our neighbors and the community around us with the life-transforming gospel of Jesus Christ.
CULTIVATE a biblically-based culture through the power of the Holy Spirit where the gospel is preached boldly and clearly in a manner which compels the body to action.
Demonstrate a consistent faithfulness in their personal and public walk with Christ, being prayerful in all things and boldly speaking the truth in love.
Lead the Board of Elders in their oversight of all teaching ministries for their biblical, Re-formed, and doctrinal soundness.
EQUIPPING LEADERS/BUILDING TEAMS
Identify, attract and lead the development of gift-based, passion-driven, effective leaders and teams to do the work of ministry, equipping the congregation and leadership to carry out Valley Life’s mission.
MISSIONALLY FOCUSED/CULTURAL ARCHITECT
Lead the congregation to be future-thinking and forward-moving in our mission to engage the community around us.
Visit www.vlccpastoralsearch.org to apply.
LEAD PASTOR REQUIREMENTS:
• Seminary Graduate (M. Div) or the equivalent theological education
• Ordained and a participating member in good standing with their current classis in the RCA, or equivalent governing body in their current denomination
• Is firmly committed to Reformed theology
• Has served as a pastor, or as a spiritual leader in ministry, with staff leadership experience
• Believes in, accepts and embraces the mission of Valley Life Community Church
• Primary preaching pastor
• Works and plays well with others
LEAD PASTOR RELATIONSHIPS:
• Will be received by and will participate in the Classis Cascades, Far West Region, of the Reformed Church in America*
• Will serve as President of the Church Board (consistory)
• Will be a member of, and accountable to, the Board of Elders
• Will oversee the staff while developing, leading and equipping a God-honoring highly functional team
LEAD PASTOR COMPENSATION:
• Includes salary, housing allowance, retirement contributions and ministry-related expenses (Insurance will abide by RCA standards.)
• Four weeks of vacation
• Study leave as approved by the Church Board (consistory)
• Salary is commensurate with classis guidelines and experience of individual
Contact Person: Kevin Whipple
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: 406-217-3567